Going Somewhere Fast
Former Band Members’ Projects
- Ajanta Music – Paul Simon’s latest project
Sites Featuring Girls At Our Best!
Information and Resources
- Wikipedia – Girls At Our Best! entry
- SOS – A web page about life before the Butterflies!
- Keeping It Peel – The BBC’s homage to the nicest bloke in radio features details of the Girls At Our Best! session.
- Twee.net – Plenty of stuff about like minded bands.
- Lost Bands of the New Wave – A BlogSpot
- Punky Gibbon – Punk Hardcore Oi! New Wave Post-Punk
- BBC Leeds Musical Heritage 1980s
- Pubs, disco and fighting Nazis: how Leeds nurtured British post-punk – April 2019 article in The Guardian about the early Leeds music scene. Mostly Gang of Four, The Mekons and Delta 5 but Girls At Our Best get a mention and there’s a quote from Jez.
- Caitlin Rose’s Retrogreat Spotify List – A little bit Country. A little bit Rock ‘n’ Roll. We love Caitlin and she lists Going Nowhere Fast in her Retrogreat Spotify playlist so we love her even more. We asked why she picked it:
“I’m not sure there’s a specific reason, but I do love that song! “
- Hershel Hershey’s Flickr Photostream
Well worth a visit for lots of early 80s photos. And thanks for permission to use GAOB! pictures here.
No reason, we just like the cut of their jib.
- The Chefs – They were terrific!
And whilst you’re here, here’s Helen McCookerybook‘s current website.
- The Farmers Boys – This is a fan run website. Pure pop genius, and much underrated in their own lunchtime.
- Dolly Mixture – Saw them supporting The Undertones.
Was that really Debsey singing backing vocals on St. Etienne’s “Who Do You Think You Are?” Narrator’s Voice: Yes it is!
- Trixie’s Big Red Motorbike – The most famous band from the Isle of Wight… until Level 42 spoiled it.
- Strawberry Switchblade – Best bedroom band in the business!
- Young Marble Giants/Weekend – The official Facebook page. Would really love to see Weekend live. We can all dream!
- …And the Native Hipsters – I played “Ooh Look There Goes Concorde Again” to death. I must have been a really annoying 16 year old!